When you’re suffering from pain in the foot caused by Plantar Fasciitis taping the foot can often provide some short term relief by limiting the range of movement that the plantar fascia can do as well as stabilising the plantar fascia.
Taping should be used in conjunction to other treatments such as in-between massage/reflexology treatments or when you know you’re going to be on your feet for a long time rather than as a treatment on its own. Either used as a support during the day or applied at night to help avoid the pain that is commonly felt first thing in the morning, it’s important to remember remove the tape either in the evening or in the morning to allow the skin to breath.
So which tape should be used?
There are two different types of tape which can be used for the taping process kinesiology tape or athletic/medical tape both can be bought online, at sports stores, you should also be able to find medical tape at your local pharmacy.
1. Wrap a strips around the foot at the ball of the foot and another stretching around the foot from behind the little toe, behind the heel attaching just behind the big toe joint.
2. Next get another strip of tape and attach it just below the little toe wrap the tape around the heel and secure it close to the little toe again.
3. Repeat the step above but this time attach the tape close to the big toe again loop the tape around the heel and attach it near the big toe.
4. The bottom of the foot should start to look quite criss-crossed by now, step 2 and 3 can be repeated several times for support.
5. Close up the gaps by wrapping extra strips along the width of the foot this helps to give extra support.
6. Your foot should now resemble step six.
At Natural Touch Therapies we offer a treatment in which we combine a full Reflexology treatment with a full leg massage for just £35! Helping you to relax and heal naturally.
To find out more about our Massage/Reflexology services, or about Plantar Fasciitis and how you can treat it, then Contact Natural Touch Therapies today on 01773 687 349 or by using our simple web form.